Every Techie needs to read something.

Friday, June 03, 2005

What is Ben Stein Talking about?

My buddy Matt sends some of the coolest / strangest links in the world. The latest one is a story in the American Spectator where Ben Stein writes about Nixon and Deep throat. I'm usually a big fan of Ben Stein, former Marine, smart guy, but I don't see why he is so flustered about the whole Nixon thing.
I agree that all he did was lie, and that isn't such a big deal now, after the whole Clinton thing, but I really don't think that you can credit him with pulling our troops out of vietnam, and turn around and say that he could have stopped the defeat of the south vietnamese government. Also, I have no idea how Nixon could have stopped the Khmer Rouge from taking power in Cambodia, I am pretty sure that we had our hands full at the time.
I think all of the other things that Nixon did were great, but let's not portray him as all powerful.

No comments: