Every Techie needs to read something.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Jeep Concept Vehicles

Besides computers, I really like jeeps. I have owned 5 of them, 2 of which I still have. The 2 I still own are a 1998 Cherokee and a 1984 CJ-7. Anyway, I don't much like what Chrysler is doing to the Jeep line, and don't plan on buying any new models, not that I could afford them now anyway.

The only thing that I think Chrysler is doing well is producing some really great concept vehicles. A friend told me about the Gladiator, and Holy cow is it cool. You have to check it out. It looks a whole lot like a Willy's. I really like the merging of the old style with the new design. Unfortunately I have heard that they are not going to put it in production.

While I was looking over the site, I noticed this page about the Hurricane concept vehicle. If you look through the pictures, you can see that the driver actually pointed the back tires away from each other, and the front tires towards each other, and it spun in circles. Not sure how beneficial that would be, but I sure would like to have one. I bet it won't go into production either. I am also not sure what is going to happen with the Jeep Rescue concept vehicle.

Instead of making really neat vehicles, Jeep is going to make Isuzu Trooper Copies and imitation Dodge Durangos.
If anyone happens to have one of the abandoned concept vehicles laying around, please let me know, and I'll gladly accept it as a gift, or trade you some Karma. You know, father's day is coming up.

No comments: